Friday, May 3, 2013

Couture Sewing with Susan Khalje

I've been wanting to take at least one of the classes on Craftsy! Well, my hubby purchased not one, but two classes for my birthday in April!

So, I am currently working on Couture Dress with Susan Khalje! I've been sewing 25+ years and love learning new/different techniques.

I decided to use Simplicity 2588 dress pattern; which has pleats, darts and princess seams. And, I ALWAYS have to adjust the fit for me on any bodice!

So, here is the dress hand basted! The front pleats look weird and needs to be more centered and closer together. Also, I think I'd like the waist higher. Other than those few adjustments, it's perfect! And, fits me wonderfully!

I will be sure to let you see the finished project! Until next time...

HAPPY SEWING and Happy Mother's Day!






1 comment:

DragonPoodle said...

sounds like a terrific class and I love your dress.
Cheryl Warren